Are Gutters Necessary
When you are a homeowner, there are many things that you must upkeep when it comes to your house. You have to worry about everything from sprinklers to gutters. In fact, gutters and gutter installation can be a big deal, so you should know as much as you can about them. Here’s a look at gutters, how they are installed, and information on if they are really necessarily.
The basics of gutter installation are simple, as it essentially involves putting section of gutter on your home. Every piece must be measured, so they line up properly and fit just right. Otherwise, they won’t do their job properly. For gutter installation without fascia present, it isn’t much different. A fascia is simply the board that is located underneath the overhang of the roof. It is designed to hide the rafters or beams that make up the upper part of your house. Regardless of what your roof looks like, there are gutters that will work just fine and can be installed without much trouble.
What Happens If You Don’t Have Gutters?
There are those that argue that gutters are not necessary for every home. Here is a look at what can happen if you don’t have them.
- Your house can be surrounded by water. Without gutters, the water is going to surround your yard, since it isn’t be rerouted to a special place or given a route out of your yard. This can make you feel like you have a lake surrounding your house when there is a bad rainstorm.
- Water may drip down the house. There will be no chamber to carry the water away, so it will simply drip down the side of the house. This may be a bigger problem if you have siding of some sort, so it’s really something to think about.
- You might incur foundation damage. When water is allowed to go wherever it wants, it can seep into any cracks or areas it has access to. This may lead to issues with your foundation when not remedied right away.
- Erosion can become an issue. Having no gutters can mess up the rest of your yard as well. It can wear away your dirt, ruin gardens, and make your lawn too wet. This can leave you with a swampy mess.
- Might damage other parts of your home. If there are other important things in your yard, such as your air conditioner or a pool, you don’t want to take the chance that your gutters can cause further property damage. Unless you want to incur high Ac installation costs, you may want to stick with your gutters.
What to Do If You Have No Gutters?
If you don’t have gutters on your house, or they need replacing, you need to determine if it is important to you to have them, or if you are prepared for the instances above to happen. If you need gutters and are in the Arlington, TX area, you can call Frazier Roofing & Guttering Co., Inc. for advice on gutter installation instructions.
Are Gutters Worth It?
Considering the bad things that can happen to your property, it is important to consider getting gutters and maintaining them once you have them. The facts are that they are inexpensive to have installed, especially if you opt for the common aluminum type. It can be installed for less than 10 bucks a foot, with most homes needing around 200 feet. Overall, gutter installation cost will be inexpensive, compared to other home repairs you may need.
Are Seamless Gutters Worth It?
Seamless gutters are a little bit different from regular gutters in the fact that they rarely leak. They are made up of sections that are usually cut on site, so they fit entirely on your house. It also allows for a better aesthetic and a more professional look. The best part is that they do not cost much more than traditional gutters. They are only about $1 more a foot.
Do Gutters Add Value to Your Home?
Gutters may add value to your home, especially when they were installed properly and maintained. This is crucial and it can be a selling point for your home if yours is on the market. They come in colors that match your exterior and can even be painted, in some instances.
Call Us Today for Gutter Installation Service
Gutters are important to keep your home and yard looking good. They get the water away from your house and to where it needs to go. Gutter installation is something that is easy enough to do yourself, but you should really get an experienced company to help you. The pros at Frazier Roofing & Guttering Co., Inc. are able to handle all your needs revolving around gutter installation in Arlington, TX and repair. Make sure you call us at (817) 677-6664 to find out what gutter systems can do for you.